Building Code Information
Building Codes Followed in Cache County
Effective July 1, 2016, the State of Utah adopted the following statewide codes:
- 2015 IBC - International Building Code
- 2015 IRC - International Residential Code
- 2015 IPC - Plumbing Code
- 2015 IMC - International Mechanical Code
- 2015 IFGC - International Fuel Gas Code
- 2015 IECC - International Energy Conservation Code
- 2014 NEC - National Electrical Code remains in Effect
Also be aware of the following:
- ANSI 117.1 2009 Edition
- Residential Code 2015 IRC and the 2015 IECC - residential codes encompass all of the above listed codes and are valid for dwellings up to a duplex type house. Residences requiring special engineering or special features may need to adhere to a different code and is determined on a case by case basis.
Utah State has also adopted Amendments to the IBC.
Caution: Building codes and construction standards are complicated and can require specialized experience. Always consult a qualified contractor on construction projects.
Environmental Standards for Cache Valley
- Roof Snow Load - 37lbs or more / sq. foot in valley areas. For canyons and all mountain areas, the load is 100 lbs or more / sw. foot.
- Seismic Load - D
- Wind - 90 mph
- Depth for Frost Protection - 30 inches below grade