The County Attorney’s Office is dedicated to serving the people of Cache County through its aggressive, non-prejudicial, and proactive approach to criminal, civil, and juvenile cases affecting the county.
Through unbiased investigations and legal expertise, it is our goal to provide a service that is both beneficial to the victims of crime, and the community in which they live. As public servants, it is our duty to uphold the Constitution of the United States, Statutes of the State of Utah, and the human rights guaranteed to each individual.
Using proactive and technologically advanced trial techniques, we provide a service to the community that not only gives justice to victims of crimes, but the county as a whole.
Report of April 19, 2022 Officer Involved Critical Incident(PDF)
It is the duty of the County Attorney:
- To conduct on behalf of the state all prosecutions for public offenses committed within the county;
- To appear and prosecute for the state in the juvenile court of the county in any proceeding involving delinquency;
- To prosecute such individuals when sufficient evidence warrants the belief that a person is guilty and can be convicted of a felony or misdemeanor;
- To appear and prosecute all civil cases in which the state may be interested;
- To give opinions and advice to the Cache County Council and other civil officers, when requested, upon all matters in which the state or county may have an interest; and
- To defend all actions brought against the county and prosecute all actions for the recovery of debts, fines, penalties, and forfeitures accruing to the county.
It is our mission to earn and hold the trust of the citizens of Cache County of which we are privileged and honored to serve.