Paying Property Taxes
The Treasurer's office accepts payments of cash, check, or credit card (fee applies) in the office. Payments may also be sent by mail to 179 North Main Street, Room 201, Logan, UT 84321 for past and present years. As a convenience, you may also pay your current year's taxes online or via telephone through Forte Payment Systems by using your parcel number.
Taxes Become Delinquent After November 30, 2015
Payments received after NOVEMBER 30, 2015 are subject to a per parcel penalty of 2.5% or $10, whichever is greater. If delinquent taxes and this penalty are paid on or before January 1, 2016 this penalty will be reduced to the greater of 1% or $10. Otherwise, interest will be charged starting from January 1, 2016 at the rate defined by Utah State Statute 59-2-1331.
- Once you've landed on the Forte page, use the NEXT button to start the process.
- Fill the Parcel Number field in the Search box with your Parcel Number excluding dashes. This number is on your tax notice (see image).
- Click the SUBMIT button, and if successful, you'll see your parcel information in the main window.
- Verify that your parcel information is correct, and click the ADD button. If your info is wrong, then click the SEARCH button to search again.
- When you click the ADD button, you'll be prompted to define how much you would like to pay for this parcel at this time.
- Click SUBMIT again, and the amount you've defined will be associated with this parcel in the main window.
- After verifying that you've added all your parcels and everything looks correct in the main window, click the CONTINUE button.
- The next screen displays your cart contents. Click the PAY NOW button if everything still looks correct.
- You can pay your taxes via credit card or electronic check. Fill out the required information and click the SUBMIT button to pay your taxes.
Using Forte for online payments comes with an associated cost. Rather than raising taxes to pay for credit card processing fees, Cache County has decided the fee will be paid by the taxpayer choosing to utilize this convenience.
- Credit card payments will have a 2.45% fee (minimum fee of $1.95) that will appear as a separate transaction on your credit card statement.
- VISA debit card payments will have a $3.95 fee.
- Electronic checks are free.