Cache County Canyon Roads
Winter Closures - Starting November 15th
Re-open April 15th or when weather permits.
Birch Canyon - OPEN
Hyde Park Canyon / Gnehm Road - OPEN
Smithfield Dry Canyon - OPEN
South Canyon - OPEN
Mt Pisgah Road (also known as McMurdie Road or Squirrel Trail) - OPEN
High Creek Canyon - OPEN
Short Divide - OPEN
Ant Flat Road - OPEN - call 1-801-399-8396 for information
Lake Town Road - Contact Logan District - 1-435-755-3620
Steel Canyon Road - Contact Logan District - 1-435-755-3620
Providence Canyon Road - Contact Logan District - 1-435-755-3620
Millville Canyon - Contact Logan District - 1-435-755-3620
When traveling any of these Canyon Roads, if you notice any problems that need the attention of the Cache County Road Department please contact us at 1-435-755-1560. Thank you for helping us to keep our canyon roads safe and enjoyable for all who use them.
Forest roads & gates on the Logan Ranger District will be closed for road surface protection starting November 15th (Weather permitting). The MVUM ( Motorized Vehicle Use Map) dates show the earliest date a road will open to motorized travel in the spring and the date a road will be closed in the fall.
Please follow your "Tread Lightly" skills on all forest routes and do not drive/ride on muddy roads or trails. Wait until they dry!
Routes scheduled to open on or after April 15th:
- High Creek Canyon (FR 048) - about I mile (to the campground)
- Smithfield Canyon (FR 049)
- Green Canyon (FR 050) - About 1 Mile
- Card (FR 024)
- Left Hand Fork of Blacksmiths Fork (FR 245)
Routes scheduled to open on or after June 1st:
- High Creek Canyon (FR o48) -- above 2nd gate (Campgroung)
- Green Canyou (FR 050) - above 2nd gate
- Cowley Canyon / Herd Hollow (FR 047)
- Temple Fork (FR 007) - almost to Mud Flat (irst 4 miles)
- West Hodges / Forestry Camp (FR 174)
- Pole Hollow / Mahogany (FR 150/254)
Routes scheduled to open on or after June 15th:
- Marie Springs Road (FR 147)
- Temple Fork / Pole Line (FR 007) - above 2nd gate
- Twin Creeks (FR 005)
- Dip Hollow (FR 056)
Internet Maps and Road Information
Our Motor Vehicle Use Map for summer information is available on line under Maps & Publications at www.fs.usda.gov/uwcnf.
The Winter Travel Map is also located at www.fs.usda.gov/uwcnf. Click on Maps & Publications, find Miscellaneious Maps link, then under Ogden and Logan ranger Districts click on: Winter Recreation Travel Map for both areas, Tony Grove - Franklin Basin Winter Recreation Map.