Fire Restriction Order
Due to current and forecasted weather conditions coupled with the extremely dry conditions in northern Utah, the State Forester, in consultation with the County Commission, has determined that measures must be taken to prevent the ignition of forest and rangeland fires. Therefore, pursuant to Utah State Law, Section 65A-8-212, the following acts are prohibited on the areas described below until rescinded by the Utah State Forester:
- Setting, building, maintaining, attending or using open fires of any kind, except within the facilities designated for them in improved campgrounds, picnic areas or home sites where running water is present.
- Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle, trailer or building, a developed recreation site or while stopped in an area that is paved or free from dry vegetation.
- Discharging or using any kind of fireworks, tracer ammunition or other pyrotechnic devices including explosive targets.
- Cutting, welding, or grinding metal in areas of dry vegetation.
- Operating a motorcycle, chainsaw, ATV, or other small internal combustion engine without an approved and working spark arrestor.
The following persons are exempted from the above prohibitions:
- Persons with a permit or waiver specifically authorizing the prohibited act at a specific location.
- Any on-duty firefighter in the performance of an official duty.
All unincorporated private and all state lands within Cache County.
This order does not affect private lands within incorporated towns or city limits.
12:01 a.m., July 6, 2017
Brian L. Cottam
Utah State Forester