Electronic Plan Submission
Residential projects: The Cache County Building Department offers a digital plan submission option for residential projects. All electronic file submissions shall comply with the following requirements. Thoroughly review these requirements before e-mailing your application packet. Submittals that are not compliant may be rejected. Please note that applications must be either all-paper or all-digital. Applications cannot be accepted as part-digital and part-paper copies.
Commercial projects: As approved by the building official, commercial customers may submit electronic plans to be sent out for review. For these projects, you must provide one paper copy of your plans as well as a digital copy. Please contact our office for further information on commercial projects.
- All application materials, listed below, must be sent together in a single e-mail. No partial applications will be accepted.
- The e-mail subject must include the project name
- All documents must be in Portable Document Format (PDF), compressed to reduce file size
- All text shall be easily readable when printed. Use a common font, such as Arial or Times New Roman, minimum font size 10pt.
- All sheets shall be properly oriented so that they appear right side up on a computer monitor
- Security settings shall allow reviewers to markup, create notes, and insert/remove sheets
- Scanned documents must have a resolution of 300 dpi to ensure legibility
Required Application Materials
Electronic application requirements are nearly identical to the requirements for paper applications. The only significant difference is that one set of PDF plans replaces the need for two sets of paper plans. Please remember that incomplete applications will not be accepted. Your application packet must include all of the following materials, as similarly listed on the Building Permit Applications page:
- A Building Permit Application - completely filled out including tax/parcel number and contractor license numbers. Sign and date the application.
- City or County Zoning Clearance
- A Utility Connection Agreement
- Manual J&D form
- Building Plans
- An Owner/Builder Certification form, if required
Drawing Requirements for Electronic Plans
- All pages of the building plans should be compiled into one PDF
- Pages shall be indexed/bookmarked on every submission. The index should note the sheet number as well as the title/description of each sheet
- Building plans shall be fully dimensioned. This includes, but is not limited to, framing plans.
- The title block of each sheet shall include a 3" x 3" space for the placement of the Cache County approval stamp. This space must be provided at the same location on each plan sheet.
When ready, e-mail all application materials together in a single e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
After plan review is complete, we will e-mail back the approved/stamped plan set. Print it off large enough to match 1/4" scale and have it on site for construction and inspections.