Building Permit Information
The following items must be furnished to the building office in order for a building permit to be processed. Please provide all items at the same time. The building office can not act as a filing office for the collection of these items. No processing for the permit will be done until all items are received. It requires 3 to 10 working days to process a building permit for average structures. Larger commercial projects may require 30-45 working days.
- Zoning clearance form from the Zoning Office. If you are living in a city, you need to get zoning clearance from your city.
- Legal description of the property with Property Serial number from your Tax Notice. (Also available at the County Treasurer's office for a fee).
- Septic tank permit from District sanitation (665 East 1300 North, 792-6570), unless you are hooking into the city water system.
- Certification of culinary water from the State Engineer Office (1780 North Research Parkway, Suite #104, North Logan, 752-8755) unless you are hooking into the city water system.
- Plot plan drawn to scale and upon substantial paper indicating North arrow, distances along the property lines, distances to all property lines of all existing and proposed structures, and the street which the property fronts upon or both streets if on a corner lot.
- Two complete sets of plans and specifications. They should include the following items. *WE accept plans on a 1/4 scale only.
- Floor plan with dimension of all levels, garages, decks, porches, plumbing plan, electrical plan, heating and/or air conditioning plan, etc.
- Indicate the square footage in all areas, (garage, main floor, upper levels, basement, decks, porches, etc.)
- Elevations of all four sides which indicate all doors, windows, roof, roof pitch, roof covering, exterior wall coverings, etc.
- Details of footings, foundation, walls, trusses or rafters and roof section, joist, all egress items (bedroom windows and doors, stairways, fireplace, beams, cantilevers, etc.) (all cross sections) The building permit itself - with everything filled out, contractor's license numbers, dated and signed.
- The building permit itself - with everything filled out, contractor's license numbers, dated and signed.
Agricultural Buildings - may or may not require a building permit, contact Cache County Building Department for more info.
- Agricultural Buildings - may or may not require a building permit, contact Cache County building dept. for more info.
- Detatched Storage Sheds - one story with a floor space that does not exceed 200 sq. ft. A permit is not required.
- Fences - not exceeding 7 ft. tall. A permit is not required.